PGCO is a firm of Chartered Accountants (SA), Professional Accountants (SA), Professional Tax Practitioners (SA) and an Approved Training Centre registered with the South African institute of Professional Accountants.
The firm was established in Durban in March 1992 by its founder and managing partner, Pat Gounden. Kassie Gounden, senior partner, has consulted with the group and its clients since 1999. This dynamic duo has over 30 years of experience in the accounting & taxation field.
Yulesen Gounden heads the Johannesburg office of PGCO with over 12 years of experience in the fields of business consulting, accounting and auditing including 6 years at PGCO Durban and 5 years at EY.
PGCO provides a complete range of services to its clients, including accounting, taxation and business consulting services. Our services page can be viewed for more details of our offerings. The firm has offices in Westville, Durban and Sandton, Johannesburg South Africa. Clients are currently serviced nationally and internationally.
The most important factors in realizing our mission are our clients, our staff and our passion to provide the best possible service.
To provide a personal and professional service in the most efficient manner possible by
PGCO provide a full range of business consulting, accounting, taxation and statutory services for companies, close corporations, trusts, individuals and other profit/non-profit entities nationally and internationally.
- Maintenance of monthly accounting records and submission of statutory returns
- Management Accounts – monthly/quarterly
- Cashflow management, budgeting and forecasting
- Total payroll administration and submission of statutory returns
- Preparation of annual financial statements of companies, schools, non-profit organisations and trusts
- Implementation of accounting software and cloud based solutions
- Business management consulting services
- Business strategies, process improvement and implementation
- Business valuations and due diligence
- Analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Estate and financial planning services
- Trust formations and drafting of trust deeds
- Legal services are carried out by our affiliated attorneys
- Individual, company and trust tax returns
- Tax planning & compliance
- VAT Planning & compliance
- Assistance with tax audits
- Company registrations
- Annual returns and submissions to CIPC
- Share registers and share certificates
- Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI)
- Restoration and de-registration of companies
- Business Rescue
- Audit function is currently carried out by our affiliated audit practices
- Professional Accountant traineeship offered to qualifying employees
- BBBEE certification assistance with SANAS accredited agencies
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our success can only be complete if local communities & society can benefit from our efforts. Accordingly we are closely associated to The Art of Living Foundation and The International Association for Human Values. The Art of Living Foundation is a non-profit, educational and charitable organisation that operates in more than 150 countries and is dedicated to serving society by strengthening the individual. The organization is managed by predominantly volunteers. Voluntary service projects include : Rehabilitation of drug addicts through breath water sound workshop, Tree planting, Stress management & rehabilitation of prisoners, medical camps, Houses & schools for disadvantaged, Stress management & trauma assistance in disaster areas, etc. The International Association for Human Values is a sister organisation to The Art of Living Foundation, managing some of their charitable activities.
PGCO has been the appointed accountants of The Art of Living Foundation of South Africa since 2006 on a pro bono basis. Pat and Kassie Gounden are active volunteers & facilitators of programmes of both organisations since 2002. The staff of PGCO are also active volunteers.
More information on the above organisations can be found at:
http://www.artofliving.org/za-en • http://www.iahv.org/za-en/
Please do visit these websites to see how you can benefit from programmes and find out about each initiative and how you can donate and/or assist or contact : Pat Gounden – firstname.lastname@example.org • Kassie Gounden – email@example.com
Having dealt with PGCO for over 20 years they have proved to be thoroughly professional, accurate and an absolute pleasure to deal with.
We have no hesitation in recommending them for all accounting, tax and advisory services.
R Rowland (Director) – Airconditioning supply industry (RSA)
PGCO have given our company 15 years of excellent service in areas of tax, accounting and advisory services.
G Van Rooyen (Director) – Financial Services Industry (RSA)
We have been engaged with PGCO since the company’s inception and have had nothing but timely and quality results. We’ve dealt with a few complex accounting issues for which Yulesen has been a valuable resource as he is knowledgeable of international accounting standards and meticulous in his work product. It has been a pleasure to have Yulesen and PGCO providing consulting services to our company.
J Levin (Director) – Nuclear Engineering Industry (NJ, USA)
Our interaction with PGCO has been excellent, efficient and professional at all times. The dedication and knowledge of Yulesen and his team is exceptional.
The team at PGCO are those of integrity and good character.
K Naicker (Director) – Automotive and Industrial Tooling industry (RSA
It is with great pleasure to take this opportunity to thank PGCO for the great work that you do. We at Inkanyezi Trading have been extremely satisfied with having you as our accounting and financial advisors for over a decade.
Wishing you growth and strength. God bless all of you.
P Dladla (Director) – Stationery and Signage Industry (RSA)
Copyright 2020 PGCO. All rights reserved.